Sunday, August 27, 2017

Love & Death - A New Photoexpressionist Mindscape from Wayne King


Love and Death

A New Image: "Love and Death"
This mixed media montage creates a surreal and abstract image. It is created from two images captured on the same walk last week along the railroad tracks in Plymouth and then into Langdon Woods one of my favorite spots for both walking and photographing.

As I walked along the railroad tracks I passed by an area beneath a bridge where graffiti artists had filled the wall beneath the bridge with their work but little of it held any interest for me. Fortunately, the wall was beneath a bridge and could not be seen from the road coming into Plymouth so it did not create an eyesore. A bit further along however a simple painting of a cloud on a low gray cement wall had somehow attracted an interesting vine as well creating the image below.


Life and Death

The image, worthy of its own title and capture I have titled "Life and Death" It is art created by the nexus between the work of the graffiti artist and "the creator" and only borrowed by me - really. A short time later I came upon a flower that is, I believe, a Spotted Knapweed. An invasive species originally indigenous to Europe but now found here in New England.

Spotted Knapweed Mindscape

For those who love images of flowers it will be seen as a work of art as a stand alone piece, but I would not classify it as one of my best images, even as I have manipulated it into my own creation above.

But when the two images are combined together they take on a surreal and beautiful abstract image that I find quite striking.

Love and Death

Love and Death is available in a limited edition of 5 signed originals, printed on fine art rag paper with archival inks. If you would like to purchase the original work click here: http://bit.ly/LoveDeath

The digitally initialed open edition, also available at the link above, provides the closest approximation to an original work at a more affordable price, especially for those who love art but dont feel the need to purchase original works.

The digitally initialed open edition, also available at the link above, provides the closest approximation to an original work at a more affordable price, especially for those who love art but dont feel the need to purchase original works.

No comments:

Mindscapes Gallery

  Circular Washline Squared For a signed original of this image, click here Large work: 29.5 x 30" $495 Small work: 9.5"x10" ...