Monday, November 10, 2008

Timing is Everything in Photography


On a recent visit to the New England Aquarium in Boston there was an exhibit on Jellyfish. I was intrigued by the beauty of these sea creatures and could have taken hundreds of images of nothing more than the forms created by their undulating movement but as I stood there I realized that there might be an interesting image presented if I waited patiently as adults and children passed by on the other side of the tank from me. I was right. After about 15 minutes a young child came up to the tank and reached up with both hands toward the jellyfish.

The hands of the child we already distorted somewhat by the water and tank between us, I emphasized the distortion a bit more, keeping the jellyfish image itself sharp and clear.




No comments:

Mindscapes Gallery

  Circular Washline Squared For a signed original of this image, click here Large work: 29.5 x 30" $495 Small work: 9.5"x10" ...